There's evidence of 20,000 years of Aboriginal occupation and land use and it was a Vice-Regal domain from 1788. It became a public park in 1858 - one of the earliest in the world.
Over 1.7 million people visit every year and it is a great place to picnic, ride bicycles, rollerblade, walk, run and play cricket and football. We play host to a range of events every year including music festivals, the all day Parramatta Australia Day celebrations, Sydney Symphony in Parramatta Park, and the Mother's Day Classic.
The park has playgrounds, BBQs and picnic areas and a range of dining facilities to meet your needs.
Parra Park News
You may have noticed some changes at Parramatta Park:
- The Macquarie St Gate house is now open to the public;
- The $3.2 million Heritage Capital works are progressing, including the conservation of the George St Gatehouse;
- The Palisade fence works have now been completed; and
- Restoration of Mays Hill Gatehouse will soon commence.
As part of these changes, Parramatta Park Trust administration staff relocated to Parramatta CBD, however the Park Rangers presence remains unchanged.
You can still contact Trust staff in the same ways:
· Speak to a Ranger by phoning 0419 122 763 from 8:30am – 4:30pm;
· After hours you can phone security on 1300 133 456;
· Speak to the Trust's administration staff on 9895 7500.
Administration staff are now located at : Level 7, 10 Valentine Ave, Parramatta 2150
The Postal address is: PO Box 3064 Parramatta 2124