Parramatta Park Trust Administration Office
The Trust Office is open Monday to Friday 9 am to 4.30 pm.
Tel: 02 8833 5000
Fax: 02 9689 1452
Postal address: PO Box 232 Parramatta NSW 2124
Government Information (Public Access)
Open Access Information
On 1 July 2010, the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act) commenced replacing the Freedom of Information Act 1989 (FOI).
The GIPA Act is based on a presumption in favour of disclosing government information unless there is an overriding public interest against disclosure, for example, someone's personal details. This new legislation is designed to:
- promote open discussion of public affairs
- enhance Government accountability
- contribute to positive and informed debate on issues of public importance
- inform the public about the operations of agencies and in particular, or their policies and practices for dealing with members of the public
- ensure effective oversight of the expenditure of public funds
This new legislation is different to the old FOI legislation as it encourages the proactive released of government information on agency websites. There are now four ways members of the public can access government information. They are:
- Mandatory Disclosure
Agencies must publish certain information on their websites. For example, policies, guidelines, annual reports. Please see our pages under the Park Management tab for this information.
- Proactive Release
Agencies are encouraged to release as much government information as possible on their website
- Informal Release
Agencies are encouraged to release information on request without requiring a formal application unless it isn't in the public interest
- Formal Access Application
In some cases, a formal application and $30 fee may be required.
How do I request Information?
Every day, government and other public bodies respond to many requests for general information from the public. This process will still be your first avenue of access to the information you wish to see. If you cannot find the information that you seek on this site you can contact our:
Right to Information Officer
Parramatta Park Trust PO Box 232 Parramatta NSW 2124
Tel: 02 9995 0594
To read more about the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act) go tohttp://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/maintop/view/inforce/act+52+2009+cd+0+N.
Register of government contracts
The GIPA Act requires government agencies to record and publish certain information about some contracts with private sector bodies.
Contracts that are included in the government contracts register are those:
- between an agency and a private sector contractor
- signed after 1 January 2007 or, for local councils and state-owned corporations, after the commencement of the GIPA Act
- for a value of $150,000 or more, and involve:
- the contractor undertaking a specific project such as construction, infrastructure or property development
- the contractor agreeing to provide specific goods or services
- the transfer or lease of real property.
Part 3, Division 5 of the GIPA Act states that information about contracts worth more than $150,000 between agencies and private sector bodies must be recorded in a register of government contracts. These are class 1 contracts. Class 2 contracts are listed separately - they are contracts where the contract was the subject of a tender and could continue for ten years or more. Class 3 contracts have a likely value of 5 million or more.
Please click on the Park Management tab to view the current register.