Behaviour of the public within Parramatta Park is governed by the Parramatta Park Trust Act 2001 and the Parramatta Park Trust Regulation 2012. The following is a summary of the main provisions of the Regulation.
Within Parramatta Park it is an offence to:
- Fail to comply with a reasonable request of an authorised person.
- Behave in an offensive or indecent manner.
- Exceed 30kph in any vehicle or on a bicycle or roller blades.
- Park a vehicle in contravention of a sign or in a area not designated for parking.
- Leave litter other than in receptacle provided, or pollute any water or land.
- Damage, deface or interfere with any land, building, structure or relic.
- Injure, take or interfere with any plant or animal.
- Failure to keep a dog on a lead and under control, or have a dog within 10 meters of children's playground or food preparation area.
- Fail to remove dog faeces from the park.
- Light a fire except in portable cooking equipment.
- Camp or reside within the park.
- Play or practice golf except in the Parramatta Golf Course.
- Learn to drive.
- Teach a person to drive.
Without prior written permission from the Park Director, it is an offence to:
- Conduct performances, amusements, entertainments, meetings, instruction or wedding ceremonies including personal training.
- Conduct commercial activities of any kind whether paid or not.
- Undertake filming, wedding photography or photography for commercial purposes.
- Collect any money or sell or hire any item.
- Display or distribute any commercial or political printed matter.
- Erect any structure, tent, marquee, awning or sporting fixture.
The complete list of regulations is available under Park Management
For information about using motorised scooters and mini bikes in Parramatta Park see the RTA website.